There are days that I really am craving smoked salmon on a bagel with cream cheese, fresh tomato, onion, and capers. It brings me back to my adventures in Italy and where food was just all around scrumptious.
Inspired by my younger sister Stefanie, I came across a photo of a meal she was eating and what looked like smoked salmon on pizza and I thought – genius! So I made my way to Lowe’s grocery that very day and purchased some cauliflower crust, spinach, smoked salmon, onion and chive cream cheese, yellow onion, tomatoes, and capers. These delicious ingredients were sure to come together in a great way but not without a little trial and error of course!
I had never cooked with Cauliflower crust before and I chose to do so because I wanted to feel as guilt free as possible if I consumed the whole thing (which, I did). I followed the instructions for the crust and mid-way through the cook time I added the cream cheese, onion, tomato and spinach. Once it was cooked and to my desired crust crispiness and the spinach looked cooked – I added the smoked salmon and capers along with the spices.
This really came together well and was…one word: delicious.
- 1 Cauliflower Crust (I like the Caulipower brand from Lowe’s)
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes (Grape or Beef Tomatoes work great), diced
- 1 cup Spinach, fresh
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 TBSP of Cream Cheese (I got Onion and Chive)
- 4 oz – 6 oz Smoked Salmon
- 1 TBSP Capers
- Dill (Fresh or dry), to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Prepare the cauliflower crust and cook according to package directions.
- Before you put the cauliflower crust in the oven, for extra crispiness layer a little bit of olive oil on top of the crust.
- Halfway through the timing of the crust, take it out to add the cream cheese spread over the top of the crust, diced tomatoes, chopped onion and spinach. Put back in the oven for remaining time.
- When the crust is done to your crisp satisfaction, you will then add the salmon, capers, a little salt & pepper and dill (to taste).
- Use a pizza cutter to dice up into six or eight serving sizes and eat!
Hope you enjoy this as much as I did! Let me know if you make this and what you may have done differently! 🤗