My husband was getting tired of me making Pesce Primavera – which if you have tried the recipe, will understand why I make it a lot. It’s sooo good!
Anyway, he asked for something different and said to me, “how about a fish taco?”. Naturally, I love a challenge, so I said, “sure, let me see what we have and what I can do”. Hence, these simple Teriyaki Fish Tacos came together.
I had a very simple Teriyaki Marinade with Pineapple Juice already in my pantry, so I decided that would be the start. I also had a chopped salad mix and decided to use the veggies in that to create my asian coleslaw. I already had some brown rice, avocados, lemon, rice vinegar and some left over Fajita Tortillas; staple items in our home. So, with that, this meal came together in a snap!
I really enjoyed this meal because of the flavors. The asian slaw gave it a fresh crunch, the fish was marinated to perfection, and the avocados, brown rice and tortilla tied it all together.
- Teriyaki Marinade
- White Fish of your choice
- Brown Rice (I use the Uncle Ben 20 minute rice)
- Salad Mix (Chopped or Slaw style Kit)
- Rice Vinegar (about 1/4 cup)
- Avocado (1, diced)
- Lemon Juice (Ideally from a fresh lemon)
- Grab a sheet pan and place parchment paper on it. Put fish fillets on top and add desired amount of Teriyaki Marinade. Let fish sit with marinade while you wait for the oven to get preheated. Turn oven on to 450 degrees.
- While oven is pre-heating, prepare the Brown Rice. Follow package instructions.
- Place fish in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until fish easily flakes with a fork.
- While fish is cooking, prepare your Asian coleslaw. I added about 1/3 cup of my teriyaki marinade with about 1/4 cup of rice vinegar; you can mix to your taste. I then mixed the chopped veggies from my salad mix with this marinade dressing. Squeeze desired amount of Lemon Juice on top. Place in the fridge to keep cool until ready to serve.
- Lastly, grab a few fajita tortillas and warm them in the microwave. Normally, 15-20 seconds does the trick for 4 tortillas, but will depend on your microwave settings.
- Grab tortilla and place cooked brown rice, asian slaw, cooked fish, some avocado and a little squeeze of lemon juice and voila – yummy fish tacos!