I love that Spring is here at LAST! This meal is one that I make often when I’m in the mood for something refreshing and no bread friendly. It also gets me in the mood for Summer. I mean, seriously, I am so over this crappy cold weather. Looking forward to some sunshine!
I make these simple Turkey Burgers and put them on a salad – this particular day I made an Apple Walnut Salad from the kits they have at Publix. Super easy and Mommy friendly! And then I made my own French Fries with 2 Russet Potatoes I had left in the pantry! I really try and keep things simple and tasty!
FOR THE TURKEY BURGERS:
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Panko Crumbs (Italian Seasoned)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or use pan spray
- Place in a bowl the ground turkey, Worcestershire sauce, Panko Crumbs, salt and pepper. Using a fork, mix together well. Shape into four patties and press the patties into ½-inch thick rounds.
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick griddle or large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. (Alternately, spray the griddle or pan with pan spray.) When you can feel the heat while holding your hand just above griddle or pan, cook the patties for five minutes on each side. Serve on buns, with the condiments of your choice OR on a salad!
FOR POTATO FRIES:
- 2-3 large baking potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and spread the potatoes in a single layer. Bake until golden and crisp, about 35 minutes.
- Remove the fries with a spatula and season with salt.
Let me know what you think! 🙂