I love using leftovers and making a new meal out of it. Growing up, my Mom would make this and I always loved it. My Mom is really good about using leftovers and making new meals from them, a trait that definitely comes from my Nana (her Mom). My Nana is the queen of making yummy Italian dishes from leftovers. There is no food that goes to waste in our family. Food is love.
Using leftover Rotisserie chicken, this meal comes together very quickly. I prefer to use elbow pasta and frozen peas – two items I always have at home. But you can use any type of pasta you have along with veggie and make you’re own version of this.
If you are going gluten free, they do have pasta made from rice or beans that would be great. I have even done this with Zoodles (zucchini noodles) as well and it’s still delicious.
- 1-2 cups Chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups Pasta, cooked
- 1 bag Frozen Peas
- EVO, to taste
- Garlic Powder, to taste
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Parmesan or Romano Cheese, to taste
- Cook pasta on stove per package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat up peas in microwave.
- Drain and rinse pasta with a little water. Put cooked pasta back in pot. No heat on stove.
- Add Chicken, Peas (cooked), EVO to taste, Garlic Powder, Salt, and Pepper. Mix together and make sure EVO has lightly coated everything.
- Sprinkle with your cheese to taste and serve.