This is a personal favorite recipe. It’s super simple and it turns out perfect every single time. I call it my Easy Crustless Quiche. I can make this in a snap and while it cooks I can get things done.
I love having eggs for breakfast but I hate always eating them scrambled. So, I make this simple dish once a week and there are always leftovers for the following breakfast.
The thing I love most about this dish is that you can put whatever you want in it. For this particular one, I used broccoli (cooked), turkey bacon, and topped it with some feta cheese.
I find that any veggie or starch can work from cooked bell peppers, onions, potatoes, broccoli, asparagus, tomatoes, spinach – the combinations are endless. You can have it veggie only or you can add a meat, like bacon, ham, steak, smoked salmon – have fun with it! And then I like to add a cheese though you don’t need to – personal favorites include Feta Cheese or Goat Cheese. My husband likes it when I include Feta but then top the quiche with a little Mexican cheese mix.
My favorite combos include:
1: Broccoli, Bacon, Feta
2: Spinach, Onion, Tomato, Smoked Salmon, Goat Cheese and Capers
3: Potatoes, Onion, Bell peppers, Steak
4: Kale, Tomato, Bacon, Feta
Let me know what combination you make! I’d love to hear from you!!
Make sure you have a Pie Pan or 8 x 8 Pyrex Pan. You can also use an iron pan and insert some parchment paper in it to prevent egg from sticking, just make sure it’s about the same size as a pie pan.
- Olive Oil Spray (I like Bertolli)
- Veggies of your choice
- Meat of your choice
- Cheese of your choice
- 6-8 Large or Extra Large Eggs, mixed together
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Garlic Powder, to taste
- Set oven to 350 F. Spray your pan with Olive Oil.
- Add your veggies (make sure they are cooked or nearly cooked), then meat, then cheese.
- In bowl, combine 6-8 eggs (ideally you want enough eggs to nearly cover all of the ingredients in your pie pan). See picture #3 above if you want a visual of what I mean. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to your taste.
- Pour your egg mixture into the pie pan. Put in your pre-heated oven and cook for 30 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when it is golden brown on top and/or you can stick a toothpick in the center of it and nothing sticks to it.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: You can store leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 days. Warm in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, to your warmth preference.