OMG! This meal is sooooooo good! My husband and I literally ate the whole thing – no leftovers! I’ll be making a double batch next time. This dish was so easy – 30 minutes to bake and all on one pan!
Can you guess what recipe book it’s from? If you guessed SkinnyTaste One and Done by Gina Homolka, you’d be right!!! I love this book! ☺️
I also love roasted veggies and this dish is full of them. You can use whatever veggies are your favs. For this one I used carrots, asparagus, broccoli, grape tomatoes and red onion. It was scrumptious. 😋
The recipe calls for fish such as flounder or sole, but they were having a sale on tilapia fillets that worked perfectly for this dish. I think any white fish, would be great here.
I ended up making a simple side of white jasmine rice that really helped tie everything together. I’d recommend jasmine or brown rice with this meal.
Now go make this meal and tell me what you think!!! 🙌🏻
Serves 4 people
- Olive oil spray
- 2 cups bite-size pieces broccoli florettes
- 2 cups 1 inch pieces asparagus about 8 ounces
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 garlic clothes, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 skinless fish fillets (5 ounces each), such as sole or flounder or tilapia
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, asparagus, tomatoes, carrots, garlic, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, half teaspoon of the salt, and pepper to taste. Transfer the vegetables to the prepared baking dish and roast until the vegetables begin to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season one side of the fish fillets with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and pepper to taste. Roll up the fillets and place them seem side down on a plate. Season the tops with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the vegetables, then place the fish seam side down on top. Drizzle the fish with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and the lemon juice.
- Roast until the fish is cooked through in the center and the vegetables are tender and cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Top everything with the Romano cheese and fresh basil and serve immediately.